Monday, April 15, 2013

what i do in my spare time

I am on the Nigahiga-craze again.

There are millions of videos up on YouTube. But the only one that catches my full attention and gets me addicted far worse than chips or chocolate is the greatest YouTube comedian (in my opinion): Nigahiga :D

Nigahiga comes first on my YouTube celebrities list out of all the others like Jayesslee, Smosh etc and Kevjumba (I will come back to him later).

So why am I all obsessed with Nigahiga?


The first video I watched of him is when the Bieber Fever was around. He made a video saying how much he dislikes Justin Bieber and I just found it absolutely hilarious at the time (still do now). I just love his good humour, his facials and the way his videos are made. Then I fell in love with him lol.


His YouTube name is also pretty goofy just like the way he is. Nigahiga. Ryan Higa is his real name; the combination of his last name Higa [heega] and the Japanese word niga, which is a colloquial meaning to rant, tells us all about him and his videos: goofy and witty. He rants a lot in his videos with depictions of funny situations and the way he presents his ideas is nothing but hilarious. I love those "how to" instructional videos like how to be a ninja, how to be a nerd or a gangster etc, and his "movies in minutes" series in which a shrunk version or a parody of a popular movie as the name suggests, like Twilight, Titanic. Oh, and his lip-syncs LOL they are a crack up. His videos just strike me every time in making me literally laugh out loud in my room; he never fails to make a funny video.

I can literally watch a dozen of his videos at a time. If I get bored of his (hot) face (which i normally don't) I change to Kevjumba.


Kevjumba is nothing short of a YouTube sensation. Just like nigahiga, his humour catches a lot of people so like nigahiga, he is now making millions of dollars out of those clips he made as well. Kevjumba isn't less than nigahiga, in fact, I also love the way he presents some controversial topics like racism and stereotypes with a hint of comedy. He declares that although he is Asian, he doesn't "eat rice and egg rolls everyday", isn't a nerd, but he is cool with social life and that he is not cheap lol. Although he just doesn't get as crazy as nigahiga or do as much skits as other YouTube comedians, the topic regarding stereotypes against Asians in America, or any other countries is pretty realistic. I'm sure there is a whole bunch of Asian audience who can relate to what he's saying too. That's why I don't mind watching KevJumba and I quite like him too haha, but he just doesn't beat nigahiga in my opinion.

Oh and I found out that KevJumba is also Taiwanese! woohoo Taiwan pride :D

I wonder what both of them are like in real life and I also wonder if their friends get trolled around heaps by them like in the videos.

Anyway, I LOVE the two of them (especially nigahiga) and I highly recommend you guys to go check out their videos on YouTube to understand what a person with excellent sense of humour is like lmao.

No comments:

Post a Comment